West Walton Community Primary School, Cambs
Within ten minutes of the demonstration starting, I was hooked. Amongst other positives, I knew Lexia would be great for engaging our reluctant readers.
Thank you to our Lexia UK contact, for all your support. It’s been quite a journey since my co-English lead and I attended a session back in January or February last year, to find out a little bit about Lexia as a program. Within ten minutes of that demonstration starting, I was hooked. Amongst other positives, I knew it would be great for engaging our reluctant readers.
We have now made another purchase with you based on the success of the program within my Year 6 class during last year’s lockdown from March onwards, and have been able to roll out the program to all of our Year 2, 4, 5 and 6 children. Feedback from staff has been really positive – you can imagine how teaching staff generally respond when a subject lead cheerfully announces, “And here’s something new that I’d really like you to fit in your timetables for your class every week!”.
I have presented to Governors about the success of the program, both Lexia and PowerUp (which we now have had six children progress onto). Key reasons to support our recent additional purchase were:
- Engagement of reluctant readers, and additionally those at high level.
- A way of overcoming that age-old hurdle in our area of children (not) reading at home.
- The facility for class teachers to monitor usage, progress and areas of individual difficulty with ease and at speed.
- The fact that the program can be easily installed and used at home, which was of huge benefit during the spring/summer lockdown, and potentially for another lockdown.
- The pre-set ‘lessons’ for those who are flagged as struggling with a concept.
- Production of professional-looking certificates on completion of a level.
- An educational tool which our parents also feel is beneficial!
The whole Lexia experience has been hugely positive: for the children, the staff and myself as Senior Teacher and co-English Lead.