Lexia School to Home Use
If your school is using Lexia, please discuss with your child’s teacher how frequently they would like Lexia to be used at home. Your school can provide you with the relevant download instructions too. Here are a few tips to ensure your son/daughter gets the most from this resource:
- Lexia adapts according to the individual needs of your child, and we strongly advise you do not help them through the program. It is best to let your child work on Lexia® independently. If you think they are struggling on a particular skill, please ask your son or daughter to try another activity and inform your teacher.
- Stress to your child, Lexia is set for homework. Although it looks like a game – it isn’t!
- Children perform best when they are not tired. Schedule Lexia as a routine for early evenings and on the weekend.
- Make sure Lexia is used in a quiet room (headphones are a good idea).
- When on school holiday, increase sessions to reach 3 x 20 minute sessions per week.
If your school is not using Lexia, please forward our details on to the appropriate member of staff. A school purchasing Lexia can allow the software to be accessed at home free of charge for parents. This product leaflet may be useful for printing/forwarding.
If your school are unable to use Lexia, please visit the Everybody Learns website to find out more about purchasing a privately owned parent version.